Dr MB’s L-Glycine
This is the best Muscle-Building, Brain-Boosting Amino Acid, with anti-aging effects.
What Is Glycine?
Classified as a “non-essential” (also called conditional) amino acid, glycine can be made in small amounts by the human body itself, but many people can benefit from consuming a lot more from their diets thanks to its numerous beneficial roles.
Nutritional Facts About Glycine:
- Glycine is the second most widespread amino acid found in human enzymes and proteins, which is why it has roles in nearly every part of the body.
- It’s one of 20 amino acids used to make protein in the body, which builds the tissue that forms organs, joints and muscles.
- Of the proteins in the body, it’s concentrated in collagen (the most abundant protein in humans and many mammals) and also gelatine (a substance made from collagen).
- Some of the most attractive attributes include promoting better muscle growth, healing the lining of the GI tract, and slowing down the loss of cartilage in joints and skin.
- While high-protein foods (like meat and dairy products) do contain some glycine, the best sources — collagen and gelatine — can be hard to get. These proteins are not found in most cuts of meat and instead are obtained from consuming parts of animals that today most people throw away: skin, bones, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments.
- People who are ill, recovering from surgery, taking medications that hinder certain metabolic processes or who are under a lot of stress can all use extra glycine for recovery.
- Restful Sleep: Bid farewell to restless nights and embrace the power of quality sleep. L-Glycine acts as a calming agent, promoting deep relaxation and improved sleep quality. Wake up refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to conquer the day.
- Mental Clarity and Focus: Enhance your cognitive performance with L-Glycine. This essential amino acid supports neurotransmitter function, helping to sharpen your mental acuity, improve concentration, and enhance memory retention.
- Muscle Recovery and Strength: Amplify your fitness journey with L-Glycine. Known for its role in protein synthesis, L-Glycine aids in muscle recovery, reduces exercise-induced inflammation, and supports healthy joint function. Maximise your workouts and achieve your fitness goals with ease.
- Mood Regulation: Find your balance and uplift your mood. L-Glycine acts as a neurotransmitter precursor, helping to regulate mood and reduce feelings of anxiety and stress. Embrace a more positive outlook on life and enjoy greater emotional well-being.
According to some research, glycine can be used to help lower symptoms in people suffering from conditions like ulcers, arthritis, leaky gut syndrome, diabetes, kidney and heart failure, neurobehavioral disorders, chronic fatigue, sleep disorders, and even certain cancers.
Some of the many health benefits of glycine include:
- helping build lean muscle mass
- Promoting Autogaphy
- preventing sarcopenia (muscle loss, muscle wasting or deterioration)
- playing a role in the production of human growth hormone
- boosting mental performance and memory
- helping prevent ischemic strokes and seizures
- protecting skin from signs of ageing or cellular mutations
- protecting collagen in joints and reducing joint pain
- improving flexibility and range of motion
- stabilising blood sugar and lowering risk for type 2 diabetes
- improving sleep quality
- lowering inflammation and free radical damage by increasing glutathione production
- reducing risk for certain types of cancer
- building the lining of the gastrointestinal tract
- producing bile salts and digestive enzymes
- helping reduce allergic and autoimmune reactions
- boosting energy levels and fighting fatigue, stress and anxiety
- helping produce red blood cells
- helping control symptoms of seizures, schizophrenia and mental disorders