Anxiety and Insomnia are a tough battle to face day in and day out, which makes having a natural solution, such as an essential oil blend, very important.
In a recent 2014 study by the American College of Healthcare Sciences, 158 patients were given a massage on their wrist once a day for one week with an essential oil blend.
The essential oil blend consisted of the following essential oils in equal ratios of, Lavender, Peppermint, Coconut, Sweet Almond, Argon and Armoise. All patients who received the wrist massage reported less pain and depression, and had better sleep patterns, concluding that massage with this essential oil blend is more effective for pain, depression, anxiety and sleep than any other conventional medication.
1. Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
Considered the most common essential oil, lavender oil benefits include having a calming, relaxing effect. It’s considered a nervous system restorative and helps with inner peace, sleep, restlessness, irritability, panic attacks, nervous stomach and general nervous tension.
“The Handbook of Essential Oils: Science, Technology, and Applications, Second Edition” states that there have been a number of clinical trials involving the inhalation of lavender essential oil that indicate a reduction in stress and anxiety. One study using oral lavender essential oil via capsules found that heart rate variation significantly increased compared to the placebo while watching an anxiety-provoking film. This suggested that lavender had anxiolytic effects.
Further research demonstrates lavender’s ability to lower anxiety in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery and in people visiting the dentist.
A 2012 study saw lavender oil used topically on skin inflammations and ulcers, with success. It reduced inflammation and sped up the healing process.
In a study published in the journal Phytomedicine, lavender oil was shown to be just as effective as the pharmaceutical drug lorazepam (Ativan). … Other studies have confirmed the anti-anxiety properties of lavender as well as many other medicinal benefits: Lavender helps with restlessness, nervousness, and insomnia.
Lavender essential oils is used for a good night’s rest. Place two to three drops of lavender oil in your hands, and then sniff the oil. After smelling the oil, rub it on your wrist or temples. Or, use several drops of lavender oil in your bath before bedtime.
2. Peppermint – Peppermint Oil is used to improve pain in joints, muscles, relieve digestive issues, reduce fevers, clear sinuses, improve asthma, bronchitis and relieve headaches and much more.
3. Coconut Oil : For skin types that battle with acne, congested pores and irritation, coconut oil is extremely beneficial due to its naturally antibacterial and antifungal properties. It contains a high content of lauric acid, a medium chain fatty acid that’s known to be an extremely effective antiviral and antimicrobial agent.
4. Sweet Almond Oil : Thanks to the Vitamin E, sweet almond oil keeps your skin cells healthy, protects your skin from UV radiation damage, and helps your skin look smooth, soft, and free of fine lines. The fatty acids help your skin retain moisture and can heal chapped and irritated skin.
5. Argon Oil : It gets easily absorbed into your skin and is also highly moisturising. You hardly need a drop or two for your face. The best part is that you can apply it directly without a carrier oil. … Argan oil fortifies your skin, reduces inflammation, softens dry patches, and helps improve the overall skin health.
6. Armoise Oil : Thanks to its soothing, anti-inflammatory properties, Armoise targets dry, irritated skin effectively. … Armoise can also “relieve redness on skin,”. The herb also has smoothing, protective powers fit for mature skin, too.