Dr MB’s Witch Hazel Pure Essential Oil
Witch Hazel to Clear Up Your Skin Fast
Today, hundreds of different beauty products, such as acne washes, toners, and scrubs, are available to us. However, it’s intriguing to wonder what remedies people utilized thousands of years ago, before the existence of commercial chemicals, to heal their skin.
Speaking of natural skin care, one medicinal plant with a time-honored history is witch hazel. American Indians depended on it to combat swelling, sores, and infections.
Research emphasizes the manifold advantages witch hazel offers, making it arguably one of the most beneficial plants for your skin.
Why is witch hazel considered good for you?
Well, its astringent properties make it one of the most effective natural acne treatments known to man. Moreover, research has even demonstrated its potential in protecting against skin cancer. Beyond that, it has numerous other benefits, such as naturally reducing blisters, soothing insect bites, alleviating poison ivy discomfort, fighting inflammation, relieving hemorrhoids, and even easing toothaches.
If you seek cleaner and healthier skin with the aid of a natural product, look no further than witch hazel. Its impressive array of benefits makes it a remarkable choice for your skincare needs.
What Is Witch Hazel?
The witch hazel plant (which has the species name Hamamelis virginiana) is a type of plant native to North America and a member of the Hamamelidaceae plant family. Sometimes also called winterbloom, the bark and leaves of the witch hazel plant are used to make a skin-healing astringent.
Does witch hazel kill germs?
Yes, this multi-purpose product has many uses, including killing bacteria that can live within skin’s pores. The most popular use is for skin care, since its strong antioxidant and astringent properties can keep acne, wrinkles and more at bay. It can also help stop cellular damage that can lead to skin cancer, while preventing signs of aging and speeding up healing.
When it comes to the products that you apply directly to your skin, you always want to treat the surface of your body how you would the inside: Avoid as many chemicals and toxins as possible. Witch hazel offers benefits over other beauty products because it’s completely natural and free of environmental pollutants, irritating ingredients, fake fragrances and other contaminants.
Top 18 Uses and Health Benefits
Witch hazel, a time-honored remedy, has been valued for centuries due to its versatile properties in naturally treating and preventing various skin and health issues:
- Acne: Its astringent nature helps control excess oil and reduce inflammation, making it an effective treatment for acne-prone skin.
- Skin Sores: The soothing properties of witch hazel aid in healing and relieving discomfort from skin sores.
- Bruises: When applied topically, witch hazel can help alleviate bruising and reduce swelling.
- Redness and Swelling: It’s known for its ability to calm redness and swelling, making it beneficial for various skin irritations.
- Ingrown Hairs: Witch hazel’s anti-inflammatory properties can ease irritation caused by ingrown hairs and promote smoother skin.
- Psoriasis or Eczema: Its gentle and healing attributes can offer relief for skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- Oily Skin: Witch hazel’s astringent qualities help balance oil production and minimize the appearance of pores in oily skin.
- Excess Sweating: It can help reduce excessive sweating and keep the skin feeling fresh.
- Varicose Veins: When applied topically, witch hazel can provide relief from discomfort caused by varicose veins.
- Cracked or Blistered Skin: The soothing properties can help heal and protect cracked or blistered skin.
- Insect Bites: Applying witch hazel to insect bites can help reduce itching and irritation.
- Poison Ivy: Its anti-inflammatory effects can help alleviate the discomfort associated with poison ivy exposure.
- Irritated Scalp: Witch hazel’s calming properties can be beneficial for an irritated scalp and dandruff.
- Sunburn and Melanoma: It can provide relief from sunburn symptoms and may have a protective effect against melanoma cells.
- Razor Burn: Witch hazel’s soothing nature can ease irritation caused by shaving and razor burn.
- Mucous Membrane Inflammation: It can help reduce inflammation in mucous membranes, offering relief for certain irritations.
- Hemorrhoids: Witch hazel is often used to soothe and reduce discomfort from hemorrhoids.
- Allergic Reactions: Its anti-inflammatory and calming properties can provide relief from minor allergic reactions on the skin.
Witch hazel’s wide-ranging benefits have made it a popular natural remedy for various skin conditions and discomforts throughout history, continuing to be valued today for its effectiveness and versatility.
Recent studies have revealed that the tannins present in witch hazel actively exert a protective action against colon cancer cells.
Our skin, being the largest and most vulnerable organ, requires ample support. It serves as our natural barrier against the outside world, safeguarding us from UV radiation, chemicals in our food supply, bacteria, germs, and environmental pollutants.
The stress that our bodies encounter daily, both internally and externally, manifests on our skin through signs of aging, puffiness, infections, inflammation, and sensitivities. To address these concerns, we depend on consuming and utilizing natural antioxidants and anti-inflammatories to effectively combat inflamed and diseased cells.